Youth Christian Education
5th and 6th Grade Class
This class meets with a variety of leaders throughout the school year to do book studies, explore their faith life as they enter into the Middle School experience. Last year this group participated in mission projects – including building bird houses to raise funds for the new roof, saw "Chronicles of Narnia, the Voyage of the Dawn Treader" together and led the church in thanking their teachers, among many other things. They meet in Room 301 on Sunday mornings.
7th and 8th Grade
The Middle School class recently moved to room 300 where they are "set apart" to dream dreams and have visions – in their own space at the end of the hall on the third floor. This class explores the faith issues that come to light during the middle school years. A variety of teachers lead this class.
High School Class
High schoolers at Gay Street use DVD bible and topical studies, movie discussions, book studies and other carefully selected young adult studies to bring them to a more mature understanding of God, Christ, the Holy Spirit and the church in their lives and in the world. We have used studies from Adam Hamilton and movies such as "Spirited Away" in this class that meets in room 302 on the third floor.
- E-Devotional: Colleen Hicks 392.6626
- Wesley Ringers, Sunbeam Choir, Rainbow Choir: Mary Kepple 397.4420
- Chancel Choir: David Tovey 419.774.9003
- Youth Bell Choir: Heather Stewart 694.1545
- Youth Choir: Suzy Springer 392-6626 (church)
- Carpenters Hands: Edward and Jan Cosby 397.0916
- Congregational Care Team: Roger Marra 398-0916