The Gay Street United Methodist Church invites persons into a relationship with God and the Church. Together we care for and develop one another through:
- Worship of God
- Fun and fellowship with others
- Mission to the world and community around us
8:30am Early Service
Held in the Chapel at the Gay Street ground level entrance, this small, intimate service provides a simple but meaningful worship experience.
10:45am Sanctuary Service
Enter from Gay Street ground floor and take steps or elevator to 2nd floor, Gay Street steps to the main sanctuary, or Chestnut Street side entrance which has a ramp and is wheelchair accessible. This is a more traditional service in an awe-inspiring atmosphere, including an 80 year old pipe organ and the Chancel Choir. Adult and youth bell choirs, as well as youth and children vocal choirs also participate in this service on a regular basis. Nursery care is available from 9:20am to noon on Sunday mornings.
If you are unable to attend worship services anymore, and would like to receive, and have the facilities to use, a VHS tape or audio cassette, you may notify the church office (392-6626) to arrange to have one delivered to you.
- Nursery care is available from 9:20am to noon on Sunday mornings and during many special events.
- Holy Communion is offered in all worship services once a month - usually the first Sunday of the month.
- Baptism is by pre-arrangement with pastors.
- A "children's message" is shared during the 10:45am service.
- Hearing-enhancement devices are available for the Sanctuary (10:45) service. Feel free to ask an usher for assistance.
- To listen to recent sermons, click here.
- Listen to selections of music from worship services by our adults, youth, and children.