Directions and Parking
Gay Street United Methodist Church
18 North Gay Street
Mount Vernon, OH 43050
Gay Street United Methodist Church is located at 18 North Gay Street. Please note that Gay Street is a ONE WAY street going south to north.
There are many places to park around the church- the parking garage across the street, on-street parking around the church, or using the Court House parking lot off of East Chestnut Street located behind the church.
There are four entrances to the church, two are handicap accessible.
- Gay Street Main Entrance: Up the beautiful stone steps you will find the main entrance to the sanctuary. You will enter in the back of the sanctuary.
- Gay Street Side Entrances: Located to the right of the main entrance to the church are two additional doors.
- Stairs: One door is up a small set of stairs, upon entering you will immediately continue up another small flight of stairs to access to the parlors. If you enter the through the parlors you will enter at the middle right side of the sanctuary.
- Ground Level: Another door is at ground level and will lead you to the elevator for another handicap accessible entrance to the church. Take the elevator to the second floor. Upon exiting the elevator turn right and follow the hall to the parlors and enter the sanctuary through the parlors.
- East Chestnut Street Door: A ramp allows for handicap accessibility to the church. This is a side entrance to the sanctuary and guests will enter in the front left-side of the sanctuary.