Clicking on the links below will open various documents from church files and the Mount Vernon News which give some of the history of Gay Street United Methodist Church and Methodism in Knox County. Some documents will require a few moments to load and some of the newspaper articles, of necessity, had to be split into two pages in the scanning process.
- Article from Mount Vernon News - 1984 Methodist Becentennial
- Picture of Gay Street Church from 1852
- Picture of Gay Street Church from 1800's - date unknown
- 1887 remodeling of church
- Closing service for previous church on this site - 1926
- Razing of previous church on this site - 1926
- Dedication of new sanctuary and building - 1927
- Picture of 1962 construction
- Article from Mount Vernon News about remodeling and addition - 1962
- History of church written circa 1963
- History of church written circa 1973
View information on the church's sanctuary windows.